Category Archives: australian deep house
In a city brimming with the best music innovators past and present, Rick is a prominent Detroit identity who has firmly influenced the revered musical spirit of the Motor City. His now closed record store Vibes, supplied the best of the best with the records that changed the way the world danced. Rick has worked alongside electronic music luminaries such as Juan Atkins and Derrick May and is the oft-forgot, but vital member of the 3 Chairs, with Marcellus Pittman, Theo Parrish and Kenny Dixon Jnr aka Moodymann.
Rick encompasses every facet of a true DJ that we admire and aspire to. A versatile music selector – with DJ sets including R & B, Hip Hop, Techno and his favoured House and Disco. A pioneering producer – with seminal releases on labels such as KDJ, Stilove4music and Rush Hour – and a long time party promoter. Rick has learned over his 24 year career in the music industry that it takes more than a few good records to create everything that a party needs to be.
Rick will be given the keys to One22 and we will let him play for as long as he wants – so expect something big! Boasting an amazing Klipsch Sound System coupled with Boom Boom E&S DJR400 Rotary Mixer this intimate 200 capacity venue is surely going to be the place to be!
Support from Boom Boom Resident Daniel Lupica and special guest Claire Morgan and Magda Bytnerowicz
Tickets for $25 on RA
More on the door..
Random Soul is the brainchild of 2 of Sydneys rising dj talents, Yogi and Husky. The duo was formed in the summer of 2005 with the hopes of bringing a fresh and unique sound to dance floors across the world. With elements of soul, jazz and funk the guys are trying to bring an accessible yet underground flavour to their productions and live show in the medium of house music The duo has had signed their first release to none other than Jay-J of Moulton Studios San Francisco notoriety. Jay-j has signed the main room funk track Key to Soul to be the follow up release to the launch of his new label Shifted Music, out of NYC. Following the signing to Jay-js label, Random Soul came to the attention of house music stalwart Miguel Migs. He has signed a number of their tracks to his internationally popular U.S. based label, Salted Music. The boys EP reached number 1 on traxsource and has already been on high rotation with the worlds largest house djs, including dj Heather, Grant Nelson, Richard Earnshaw, Joshua Heath and Miguel Migs himself.
MORE FROM RANDOM SOUL ONLINE
- The Erykah Badu Remixes #2: Bag Lady (Miguel Migs Remix) (DEEP SOULFUL HOUSE) (sydneyunderground.org)
- Miguel Migs: Outside the Skyline (Review) (popmatters.com)
- Deep House Tribute to Martin Luther King: Mr Fingers – Can You Feel It (original I Have a Dream Edit) (sydneyunderground.org)
- GOSPEL SOULFUL JAZZY HOUSE: DJ Oji & Una – We Lift Our Hands At The Sanctuary (Friday Night At The Sanctuary Mix) (sydneyunderground.org)
- Mixtape Monday: It’s ALL Peace ‘n Love (soularadiance.wordpress.com)
- ‘Three Decades of House Music Tribute Mix Series’ ~ Mr. Fabulous-DJ FM (undergroundhousetv.com)
- ‘Three Decades of House Music Tribute Mix Series’ ~ Mr. Fabulous-DJ FM (djspencechicago.com)
- Sleazy Mcqueen – Reconnect Ep (recordlabelservices.com)
- David Sabat: DJ of the Month-December (househeadspeaks.com)